The Primary and Community arena is a complex service platform, with a diverse group of stakeholders, supporting diverse community health needs. The SCPCP’s objective is improve access to contemporary primary and community services across the South Coast, thereby improving health and wellbeing across the South Coast communities. This will be achieved through partnership, coordination and integration. To deliver this objective, the SCPCP will develop and implement agreed actions in the Primary & Community Action Plan and the South Coast Prevention Plan.
Key to partnership is the local catchment collaboration, engagement and implementation of a collective planning approach to local priorities that:
• Align with the three Health Services Clinical Services Plan, Strategic plans and Statement of Priorities.
• Align with the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plans in local government areas
• Align with Victorian frameworks and guidance documents including
Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Outcomes Framework
Victorian Primary Care Partnership strategic directions
Victorian Primary Care Partnership Program Logic
A ‘line of sight’ of the key priorities in the Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Plan
• Align with the DHHS and Primary Health Networks commitment to joint planning (MOU 2018), including the Gippsland Primary Health Network Needs Assessment and Clinical Council work plans.
• Take a place-based, population wide approach to primary prevention that recognises that people and places are inter-related and that places where people spend their time – such as in workplaces, schools and in transit - play a critical role in their health and wellbeing.